Friday, September 21, 2012

music

music has always been a part of my life. 

i started playing the violin when i was 12 years old. i was in the 5th grade and i joined my school's string orchestra. i also took bluegrass fiddle lessons. my dad took me to my weekly lesson. it was a special time with him that i always looked forward to. my dad played the guitar and my brother eventually started taking banjo lessons. we had our own little family band. too band non of us could could sing :)

this past summer, my dad organized a get together in lake lure where people could gather and play music. every saturday evening from memorial day until labor day people got together and it was lots of fun. last night, we played at a little get together that the town of chimney rock organized. 
my dad, and his friends joe & steve live in chimney rock. my dad is the one wearing jeans. he always sets up the sound equipment.
 me and my brother, tim.

my fiddle

 timmy's banjo

the stage, tim & his buddy jerred, who has become a member of our music family :)

 joe & steve

this is the view from the seating area that the town has created. such a beautiful place!

0 comments:

Post a Comment